Friday, August 22, 2008

What a Job Market!

I've only recently jumped ship from my previous company, VADS, which I spent 1 1/2 yrs there, a good 1 1/2 years, -good- Great colleagues, -good- Great boss, -good- Great achievements, ... to my new place, Ambank... Joined in May, been here ever since... Its a nice slow paced position, which, when I say slow paced, I mean, manageable... even if my boss gives me the infrequent unrealistic request, I can still nego my way through to something more manageable...

But a few things have been poking at me of late... 1, its really quite boring.. there is absolutely no culture for growth in terms of knowledge, scope, , nor is there any fun/employee motivational culture (other than that which is kinda boring also, trip to Zoo Negara??? )... in HR, there are no activities to look forward to, its just work work work... and when there's no work, lagi teruk... the hours pass by like snails trying to cross the sahara desert.....

But, a weird thing happened in the last 7 days.... I've received calls from Exec Search companies... (yes... ies...)... 4 calls in total.. it started with Samsung, then Sara Lee, then Usaha Tegas and lastly GSC... all the positions are, of course, in HR, and I'm trying out all... so I'll only talk about the positions if its a go.. otherwise, hehe... just let it be...

Here's a little description on the companies...

Samsung
In case you don't already know, Samsung is an electronics goods company from Korea... Handphones, home appliances, sound, tv, the works...

Sara Lee


Fast Moving Consumer Goods... thats the industry that Sara Lee has topped in, and its a big industry... and in particular also, F & B... Sara Lee is also a Fortune 500 company, which is a big deal!Here's a little list of the items which fall under Sara Lee's umbrella

USAHA TEGAS

Usaha tegas is a financial and investments arm for Ananda Krishna. AK (as he is commonly refered to) is a topic of discussion of its own, but I will not dwell into that this time around. Among his other ownings are Maxis, Astro, TGV (Altho i'm not sure if its still under him or not) , Tanjong, Sri Lankan Telecoms, Johnson PRess, and many others... From what I hear, Usaha Tegas pays EXTREMELY well... but the expectations are all in reflection of your package.... EXTREMELY demanding... haha...I put maxis logo, cause I can't find the logo for Usaha Tegas...

Golden Screen Cinemas

I got a lot of response on this company... most of you are hoping I get this job, right? All for free tickets.... haha... Golden Screen Cinemas are probably the best Cinema group in Malaysia, and I hear they are planning to expand overseas, although I have no idea which country...

What do you all think? Which company would get you really interested and wet in the wrong places? haha..

3 comments:

Doreen said...

all sounds ok to me.

but where the hell is the post on Tioman?!?!?!?!

YANZ said...

hi,Marj's penpal,haha... =D found ur blog thru ur profile on facebook so must kepoh, since i'm a blogger too. =P

congratulations on ur recent wedding, may you have a wonderful marriage! =D

love the puppy! so kawaii!

TheHornyBassist said...

Doreen!! Haha.. chill lah.. ok .. i finally finished part 1... still got 4 parts to go.. hehe...

oh, and call no 5 came, but gone as easily as it came..Unilever, but found out they were actually looking for a lady.. haI~~>..

YANZ...
Hi! Thanks for dropping by! hehe.. Thanks for your wishes.. and ... you like the dog? hawa... I'm gonna write a post on that too.. cause.. just two nights ago I finally found someone to adopt her.. she should be happier now... :)